Are you familiar with mold storage racks?
When the moulds are small, many companies place them on the floor. However, as the company grows, the number of molds can increase and it can be very inconvenient to stack them on the floor. The space wasted if the moulds aren’t stacked. The space is wasted if the moulds are not stacked. However, it can reduce the floor space. It is also very difficult to access the molds so it is important to use mould racks to store all types of moulds. Mold racking, a three-dimensional structure, makes the most of the upper floor space. It has drawers that can easily be pulled out. This makes it very easy to access moulds.
We are going to give you a quick overview of mold storage racking because many people don’t know anything about it. Mold racking is a form of warehouse storage racking that stores all types of production moulds like plastic moulds, die-casting molds, and hardware moulds. Mold racking differs from ordinary racking in that the racks have been replaced by drawer boards. After the moulds are stored, the drawers can be easily pulled from the shelves. This eliminates the need for space restrictions. Below is a picture of a standard mold rack.
Mold storage racks consist of columns, slides and drawer panels. They can also be connected by bolts. They have a strong structure and are load-bearing. Molds are often heavy so mold racking is designed to match the line crane. The line crane can slide left or right, and can carry up to 500kg.
Customers have the option of purchasing light- or heavy-duty mold storage racks. This is done by planning the load capacities of each level according the molds that will be stored. The die racking can also be customized to meet customer needs, just like other warehouse storage racks. Full opening mold storage racks can be customized if there are higher load capacities.
Storage racks for moulds are classified.
They can be divided according to the layer loading capability into heavy-duty mold rack (standard moldracking) or light-duty (full open moldracking). To facilitate lifting molds, the top of the shelf can have a crane attached. Heavy-duty mold racking uses heavy duty racking as an overall frame. Rails and drawer panels are attached to the columns of the shelf.
Mold racks: Features
1. A combined assembly, which consists mainly of column pieces and guide slots, drawer layers and tie rods.
2, The drawer layer consists primarily of drawer panels and slides. Each slide rail is held in place by two bearings, one front and one back. The guide groove can be easily rolled into the guide groove with very little resistance so that drawers can be pulled out.
3. The drawer panels on the die shelves have been designed with limit and positioning pins so that they can be pulled out safely.
4. Mold shelving has a high layer load due to their high weight. Light duty drawer racks can hold 200 to 800kg per layer while heavy-duty drawer shelves can hold 800 to 1500kg per level. Customers have the option to customize their layer loads.
5. Mold racking is compact, lightweight and easy to use. Although it is small, mold shelving can hold many molds. A 1.8-square-meter area can hold dozens of medium-sized mold sets. This not only saves space but also makes it easier to manage and maintain molds.
6. Mold shelving is a combination assembly. It is convenient for both the disassembly and installation as well as the transportation.
6. Save space by storing more than one set molds in each drawer panel. This is convenient for mold maintenance and search.
There are many manufacturers in China of die shelves. To avoid different sizes and bearing capacities, each mold rack manufacturer determines the standard size of the mold rack based on the size and weight common molds.